This artist’s love for hyperrealism makes him unique in the Sri Lankan art landscape. His subject matter varies from still life to human form while his hallmark is his life-like renditions illustrating astute attention to detail. He has the rare ability to make the most ordinary subject matter look truly extraordinary.
Beginning his journey when he graduated from the University of Visual and Performing Arts, Sri Lanka with a Bachelor of Fine Art (painting special), he went on to teach the subject and is currently an Art Teacher at Thakshila Maha Vidyalaya, Mahavilachiya.
- 2007, 2009, 2010 “Young Contemporaries” George Keyt Foundation, National Art Gallery
- 2014-2019 “Sri Lankan Art”, George Keyt Foundation, National Art Gallery
- 2015 – Exhibition of Paintings “13 Strokes”, Lionel Wendt Gallery,
- 2017- Exhibition of Paintings & sculptures – “Heywood Realism”, J, D, A Perera Gallery
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Awards at annual exhibitions from 2008-2010
- 3rd & 1st prizes for composition, Ceylon Society of Arts in 2018
- 3rd prize, Exhibition of Art & sculpture, awarded by the Ministry of Cultural Affairs.